Saturday, October 24, 2015

Burden of Rebuttal

Demon System 13 were around in the early 2000's and put out two stellar Lp's and numerous 7"s. I got to see them on their second US tour sometime in the early 2000's and they were fantastic. They have been broken up for a number of years and reunited to play the last show of a infamous practice space in Umea, Sweden, where they are from. Check it out. "Users are losers!"
Deadly Reign are from So Cal and play brutal crust. The band features members of many other notable bands like Glycine Max, Scarred for Life and more. 
Next is a killer new band out of SF (or it least mostly..) called Fatigue. They recently played at the Hemlock in San Fransisco with another amazing band, Radioactivity. I was lucky enough to make it out on a Wednesday (don't talk shit, I'm getting old) and was immensely happy that I did. Both bands made every second of my sleep deprived next day worth it. Fatigue has a 7" out that you should absolutely seek out. 
 Kuudes Silma are an awesome post punk band from Helsinki. They have a killer Lp out and a few 7"s, all of which are perfectly moody, in the post punk kind of way that I love. Check 'em out!
Nervosas are an awesome punk band from Columbus Ohio. They have two Lp's out and the newest came out earlier this year. Both have been in almost constant rotation on my record player recently. They are one of those bands that as I continued to listen, I became more and more obsessed. Really, REALLY great dark punk. This video is the best quality video I could find and its of them playing in Germany. 
Wartorn are from Wisconsin and play brutal blackened crust. The band features members of other Wisconsin bands like Remission and Dresden. I think as time has gone on they have just honed in on their style and have just gotten better. 
Lastly I have another great video of the Spanish band Belgrado playing in Sao Paulo in 2014. This video is really fantastic quality, my only complaint is that the vocals could be a bit higher. Otherwise it really features them very nicely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment