Monday, March 23, 2015

Deconstructing your shameful existence

Desperat are a bunch of punk/hardcore vets that have already put out a flurry of records in their short existence. Everything they have put out so far is absolutely essential. Check them out!
Oxymoron were one of the best punk bands of the 90's. Some of the best, most infectious punk music to come out of that era. The songs get stuck in your head and refuse to leave. I LOST MY DADDIES HEAD!
Classic video of Nausea live somewhere in Europe. I think it may be from the same show that the live Lp I have is from(?), but I'm not sure. Anyway I still really dig the Cybergod 7" even though the topic may seem kind of dated now (or more relevant then ever?). I don't think there is much more I can say about them that has not been said before.
Red Dons are an amazing band, live and in the studio. Stellar song writing that is melodic and sincere in a way that is unlike many other bands. In fact I really can't think of any accurate comparisons. There are not that many good videos of them online and this is the best one that I could find. If you have not checked them out before chances are good that you also have not heard the band that the singer was in before called The Observers. They are very similar and equally as good.
Pick Your Side is the band that has members from the now defunct band Haymaker. They both resemble each other but Pick your side is a little more complex in their song writing. Still though great, angry hardcore. This is a live video of them playing on the radio show Equalizing Distort out of Toronto. If you have not check it out before, do so NOW!

1 comment:

  1. I always had a soft spot for NAUSEA....I like the RED DONS sound...I really liked the OBSERVERS too

    ReplyDelete