Thursday, March 19, 2015

Your life is in limbo so waste away with these songs of discontent


 
Evil Conduct are straight forward Oi that remains interesting and relevant. Their sound is not too clean which is the way I like my Oi/punk. Many modern US bands have way too high of production and lack any grit. Which makes them boring and flat, but not Evil Conduct. Check them out.

 
Behind Enemy Lines were active earlier in the 2000's and I think are no longer playing but they put out 3 Lp's over a number of years. The second one they put out is probably the best but all three are good. They were great live too. This video is from a tour they did of Mexico a few years back.

 
Vitamin X are a great hardcore punk/straight edge band that really stands out from many other bands doing the same thing. They have great breakdowns and rockin' leads that keep them interesting. Every record they have put out has improved over the previous one but I think that Bad Trip remains my favorite. Their live shows are not to be missed!

 
What can be said about Sleep that has yet to be said? Although many bands have tried to copy Sabbath I don't think anyone has done it as good as Sleep (ok maybe eyehategod) and has been able to stand out. In my humble opinion the first Lp and 7"s are the best, holy mountain is great but the last one I never listen to (if I want sludge I will listen to NOOTHGRUSH). Anyway check em out.


 
Wow, Infernoh is brutal! Infernoh play brutal, relentless crust and live they do not disappoint! I heard rumors they already called it quits, but if they have not, and are playing near you, make sure you go to see them!  Otherwise pick up their records, they are great! Listen to it the way it was meant to be, LOUD!

No comments:

Post a Comment